Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Making a Poseable Art Doll: Part 8



His eyes are done painting, but the rest of the head needs a little more work.  I am definitely going to change that nose color since it doesn't look right.

You can see holes on each cheek where I removed his barb.  It will be re-added later, I think...  If not, I will patch the hole and paint over it.

I used Ceramcoat paint by Delta.  I was going to use my Vallejo Game Color paint, but it seems after having it for many years many of the colors are not good anymore.  The reason I chose Ceramcoat is because I also paint bisque ceramics at the Ceramic Club I belong to.  Overall, the Ceramcoat paint works rather well.  Smooth, bright colors.  Some colors don't have as good a coverage and need several coats, but I am pleased with the results thus far.

I just LOVE how his eyes turned out.

3 comments:

  1. Oooooooooo nice love it. I would go for maybe the dark/black colour you used at the tips of the ears for your nose. Love the eyes. You did a wonderful job painting them. Keep up the great work.
    mwah
    Trace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am really happy with his eyes. Turned out just how I wanted it. A cross between fox and tiger eyes.

      Yes, I think a dark/black color would be good.

      - Juli

      Delete
  2. Wow he is looking stunning! I cant wait to see him with fur! :)

    ReplyDelete