Friday, February 10, 2012

Making a Poseable Art Doll: Part 7


He is starting to look more like a dragon now.  His head has been glued to his body now.  I used fusible batting to pad his wire frame.  (I didn't buy fusible batting specifically for this project.  I only used it because it is what I had on hand so why buy something else when this would work?)  All this sculpted parts are also sanded and primed.  Now to start painting.

I am uncertain still how I will paint him.  The colors I like for him are white, green, blue, and maybe a brown.

I may test dying my faux fur a few colors prior to deciding what colors to use for painting.  This should help make sure he matches from fur to sculpted parts.

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to let you know that I used your posts on creating a poseable art doll in helping me to create my first one. So a MASSIVE thank you! for sharing these posts.
    I have posted my creation to my DA account (here:http://starre-o.deviantart.com/art/ChimeraDA-595370260) and linked to your blog in the description as one of the tutorials I used (please let me know if you want me to remove the link, but I wanted to give credit).

    ReplyDelete