Friday, November 18, 2011

Extra Tiny BJD Project: Part 2

Today I spent a few hours working on my little reindeer.  I also learned that female reindeers can have antlers, so I will start calling the little reindeer a her instead of a him.  Right now her height from tip of toes to top of horn is about 2.25" total.



And for what you can't see from outward appearences...




The chest torso has the holes set for the neck and front leg joints.  This is where the strings will go through.  I hope there is enough space where the string can go without interfering with the ball joint of the mid section.

I am hoping I can add an elbow joint to the front limbs.  There will be no paw joints.  Still more work to do, but she is coming along nicely.

2 comments:

  1. My question is, what are you modeling her in? Is that oil-clay or carving wax?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is done completely in carving wax. Most of her was made by modifying wax balls I have made in various sizes. Her legs are actually cast in carving wax from a mold. A mold of Amazing Mold Putty was made from a milliput sculpt of a leg.

    ReplyDelete