Sunday, September 25, 2011

2.2m Sculpting (Arisu)

Here is an update on Arisu's head.



She finally has her ears.  It was difficult to add the details to it so I made her ears rather simply.  I may try to detail it a little more, but overall I am rather pleased with how it looks.  The only thing left to do is to smooth her head out, but I only have up to a 400 grit sandpaper.  I was thinking of using panty hose to do that.  I did notice that wax became smoother when I made moulage mold out of the piece, so I may try dunking her head in warm water.  Of course she is going to float though since her head is hollow inside...lol

This week I should have a test run with making a silicone rubber mold and casting in urethane resin.  The question is, what will I use for the first test?  Am I daring enough to try her head right away or stick to something that might be easier?  hm...

2 comments:

  1. I encourage you to be daring and mold and cast the head. Go for it !!! (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's either going to be the head or the eye. :) Should be fun.

    ReplyDelete